So... what is this blogging thing all about?

Sometimes the time has come. You know, sometimes you just have to start. Jump into the water and all that good stuff. Today I’m going to start this blog! I have never done anything like this before. So please bear with me if things go wrong, or if they just don’t work. I’m still figuring this out!

When you are starting a blog you need something to talk about, something to share with the world. Well, that wasn’t a hard choice for me at all. In fact it was more like the other way around. I’ve been drinking whisky for quite some time now and I enjoy it more with every day, week, month and year. Why not tell others about this passion? Why not share my humble thoughts about different whiskies? And why not try to start a conversation with other malt maniacs?

What do I want to do in this blog?
There are hundreds of whisky review blogs out there on the internet. Why start another one? Well, there can't be a good reason but I will try to explain my motivations:
Whisky (for me at least) isn't about drinking alkohol. It's not about bragging and showing off my wonderfully expensive collection of old stuff from Scotland. Drinking whisky is about an experience. It's about friends and special occasions. About stories and enjoying the moment. I don't want to give you reviews like "aroma: ..., taste: ..., finish: ...". I want to share stories and those little moments everyone needs to enjoy in life.

Is all of this going to work?

… I guess there is only one way to find out! Posting the first review!

Cheers!
M.

Kommentare